Let's Spill the Tea~2018

2018. Why there were a lot of catastrophes happened that year?

2018. How did I survive that year?

2018. What was I learning from that year?

2018. A year where I had to lose my monthly-fees around 400k.

Yes, that is a lot amount of money. With that amount, I could buy a lot of food, books, 'salty' things, and more. I could even buy some new clothes and pairs of shoes with that such amount. But, thanks to the main guest star (had to pay 50 million in advance, HA), financial report was being secluded until 3-4 days before the event started, and such things I can't mention, my peaceful life were ruined. I had to pay 400k on the earlier month, after I received my monthly-fee, to cover the deficit of ‘this’ event. And, (of course) my mum was mad at me after I told this. This is such a bad dream for the committees like me. We were full of rage back then. We cried a lot back then. We even dissed the head-chief back then.

2018. A year when someone said that I am an unprofessional person.

A night after I had a Christmas Eve mass, my friend sent me some screenshots of her talking with someone named Z. From there, I learned that he wanted to join the University Executive Board–Badan Eksekutif Mahasiswa in Bahasa as a staff. Well, actually the correct thing is that he signed up for a head department of the Executive Board. The staff’s recruitment is still not opened until now. And to become a part of it, he must asked a close friend to write an essay about his potentials.

"I am scared, Z. The Executive Board is a tough place as the Student Parliament Board–Badan Parlemen Mahasiswa in Bahasa."

"Please don't bring up that. The reason why I left is the head department is so unprofessional."

"Who?"

"S."

"Why? From what I look, she did her job very well this year (2018). You are the one who unprofessional."

"Why do you call me 'unprofessional'? She is the unprofessional. She really hates me that she never gives any single job to me."

Okay, let me get this straight. First, I have not given any single job for you, because you left the board at night before inauguration. So, that story of yours was not make any sense, HA.

Second, ‘What had you done through 2018 at the Student Parliament Board?’ Because from what I saw, you did nothing. You rarely came for the meeting. You always went missing when someone needs you, like that time when you were assigned to an easy job, which is making letters for an annual event's licenses.

"Sorry, I haven't made the letters yet because I am sick right now and have to stay at the boarding house."

And, (sorry) a statement which made me underestimated him back then.

"Sorry, I don't know him/her."

I mean… COME ON, DUDE!!! That is an easiest thing to do. You just call the person, where and when do you want to meet the person, and business done in a second. You do not have his/her contact, I will give it to you–or maybe my friends who know the person.

You know what, I got exhausted because of these. To be honest, I really want you to change, yet I do not see some progress.

“Changing is difficult,” you said.

I know, but please try it little by little...

Oh, by the way. The reason why he left the board is a ‘family reason’. But, that is not the real reason. I actually already mentioned the real reason why he left the board, so my dear readers, just scroll it up.

2018. A year when 'war' happened at my high school's group.

I was in the middle of a class, got bored, and took out my phone to see what is new today. And right before I turned on my phone, a notification screen just popped up from my high school’s group. A notification from a person named HB in a group. So, I checked and it was just a promotion poster and he invited us in that group to join. And, someone responded it. Then, a few seconds later, HB and an acquaintance of mine brought up something nasty in that group. Things were getting further than expected, that I decided to leave the group and never came back after he left the group. I also told this to my high school’s friends too. A few seconds later after I left the group, I just knew from my friend BN that HB was already kicked by A. I was so relieved back then and she invited me again to that group. I also asked her how things happened after I left that group.

But, the ‘war’ was not over yet. Someone just invited him again into that group. After he joined the group again, things were getting nastier that I had ever imagined. And, he was being kicked again by someone in the group–sorry I forgot who. I feel so bad for him, but hopefully he learned something from that ‘war’.

Oh, and by the way, I heard that he is already dropped out by the university due making some ‘sensational’ cases while still being a student there.

But, not all bad things happened to me in 2018. In 2018, I got a chance to be a committee for the freshmen orientation’s month. I also got a chance to visit Chinatown called Cibadak, Bandung. For me, this Chinatown has a different atmosphere from the other Chinatowns I already visited before. I cannot say which one, this is just came from my feelings. My friend who lives in Bandung guided me the way, so I do not have to be worried.

Since this year is 2019, yes I have to leave all these 2018’s shits behind and start a new life. Hoping that 2019 will be better than the last year, though I do not expect much.

And, in 2019, I must go to Japan (again)! No matter how much it will cost.




-Shane Tommo
January 04, 2019; 12.00 AM (West Indonesia Sea Time)
Illustration (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XL0OqdizMk8/maxresdefault.jpg)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Torico: Sushi, Noodle & Rice - Cihampelas Walk, Bandung

I Admire Who

Millenial, A Seed for the Future