Mibabi Isi 2 - Goreng Spesial

Last week, I just found this amazing post by my Facebook friend. It is called Mibabi Isi 2 Goreng Spesial, a local product of instant noodles that came from Bali with a pig picture on its package. Based on Google, the product had been released since 2016 in Bali Province. It is classified as a non halal product, so if you are a Moslem, do not ever try to eat this. The product has been exported in cities around Indonesia, and one of it is Bandung.

Coincidentally, my Facebook friend lives in Bandung, and she told me that the product is sold at a supermarket there. Moreover, it costs IDR 10k each–which is affordable for a non halal product, and for a college student like me. I was in hype, and asked my classmate who also lives in Bandung to buy this product, so that I can try it and give it a review for my dearest pork lover readers.

First, I am going to show you the box’s packaging.

The Package - apparently my classmate gave me two packages www (Picture:Canon EOS 1000D)

There are two colours, red (fried noodles) and green (soup-based noodles). The product is made with fresh ingredients–without chemical preservatives. This time, I am going to review the red box. But, before I start reviewing, here is the final result–after cooking.

(left) the dish (Picture:Canon EOS 1000D)

To note, the way for cooking this noodles is a little bit different than when you cook Indomie or Mie Sedaap.

Since the box is small, I thought that the portion will not be enough for me like Indomie or Mie Sedaap. Yet, it is beyond my expectation–the portion is enough for me. And after the noodles cooked, the noodles come with a chewy texture like mi karet (rubber noodles).

Zoom In (1) (Picture:Canon EOS 1000D)

Zoom In (2) (Picture:Canon EOS 1000D)

As for the spices, there are secret ingredient spices, lard, soy sauce, and chili powder. After the noodles mix with the spices, the smell will make you mouth-watering. The taste is as delicious a bowl of chicken noodles from a stall that is run by a Chinese seller. Gladly, the lard is not as much as I thought, and does not make me vomit. But, the chili powder has a strong flavour, so I cannot taste the noodles pretty well.

In the end, I recommend this product for you who loves pork a lot. Though it is spicy, but it will make you happy. And believe me, it will leave a strong aftertaste after eating this.

ps.: big shout-out for my Facebook friend, SLR, who first posted this pork noodles’ existence.
pss.: I cannot tell the exact place in Bandung where to find this product, since there will be a person who will sue for dismiss the export :(



-Shane Tommo
April 4, 2019; 09.10 PM (West Indonesia Time)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Torico: Sushi, Noodle & Rice - Cihampelas Walk, Bandung

I Admire Who

Millenial, A Seed for the Future